Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tha's What I'M Talkin' 'Bout!

I'm really bad at slang. I sound ridiculous. It even look ridiculous when I type it. Please do not mock me. It's out of my control, really.

Now to the point! I lost three pounds this week and I'm now at 12 pounds total. I started, for those of you keeping score at home, at 294. Yep. Just shy of the big three. I'm now at 282 even. I know, I know. I'm still gargantuan. I am, however, less gargantuan than I was when I started! This is a good thing!

Also, I started walking yesterday for reals. At least, I did actually walk. I'm going to kick it in officially tomorrow evening with record keeping and everything. How far can a big ol' fatty walk before her heart stops? Yesterday I did about half a mile. It wasn't much but at my fitness level it's better to start slow. Actually, I'm doing a plan from Weight Watchers that's specifically for people who are really just getting started. I've exercised before, of course, and I could probably do more than fifteen minutes at a time but I'm hoping that starting with such short sessions and building will keep me motivated. Fifteen minutes doesn't feel like such a chore and I don't dread the idea. Emmett, the world's most awesome dog, will be joining me. He loves his leash more than he loves me. He also has a tendency to pull but we're working on it. Wish me luck!!!

Tight Pants Update: I wore the dreaded favorite pants on Thursday. Hallelujah! I can breathe! Not only that but I didn't have to lie down to zip them up! I still have some serious overhang of belly and they aren't perfectly comfortable. They grab my tush pretty heartily, too. Nevertheless, I felt great! Twelve pounds and I'm already getting back into my clothes! As soon as I finish this post I'm going to go check out a few other items I haven't worn for a while. If some of them fit I'm going to feel like a svelte Dixie goddess.

Actually, if you'll give me a few moments, I'm going to go try some things on now. I'll be right back with a report...

OK. A couple of things fit better (hooray) but a few don't. Mostly tops are looking better, pants and skirts are a wash. (Ha! Get it? A wash? Because they're clothes???) I'm going to keep working on it, though. I'll be back in my slightly skinnier clothes in no time!

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the pants! And turn your word verification off por favor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm doing my level best. Also, word verification is OFF!

    ReplyDelete