Saturday, June 18, 2011

To the Nines!

OK. Yesterday was my official weigh-in day but, alas, I missed it. I stayed at my friend's place and she has no scale. And of course, I ate before I gt home and all that so I just put it off a day. So, today it was!

Long story short, I lost four pounds this week. That brings me down nine. Now, if I can just do that eighteen more times, I'll be all set! If I could keep up my current pace I could be at goal in about a year. Hooray, right?

Well, unfortunately, I'm not quite delusional. Granted, I'm pretty close (I'm 34 and still waiting for my Hogwart's letter.) but I know that weight loss gets slower as you go. I've been down this path before. In the past, I've giving up the minute things slowed down. I just cannot let that happen again. When I'm eating well and exercising I know I feel better. Of course, there are moments when you drive past Taco Bell and long for the sweet, sweet freedom to hit the drive through and pig out. Still, if I really want a burrito, I will have that burrito. I just have to sacrifice all my snacks. AND WHO THE HECK WANTS TO DO THAT?!?

So it's 7:17 AM. I'm up early because I fell asleep in the enchanted chair last night. I have a long day ahead of me that includes a three-year-old's birthday party. (It's like Temptation Island with cake, and I loves me some cake.) I also have a major pile of house work to do and I have to work on a paper for British lit. Wish me luck on staying on plan today and getting a little exercise in, too.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! And I do the mental math of how long it will take me to diet too, do the WW thing of mini goals instead!!

    ReplyDelete